Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Remember this feeling

Long live the walls we crashed through
How the kingdom lights shined just for me and you.
I was screaming, long live all the magic we made
And bring all the pretenders; I'm not afraid.

Long live all the mountains we moved
I had the time of my life fighting dragons with you
I was screaming, long live the look on your face
And bring on all the pretenders; one day, we will be remembered.

"Long Live" by Taylor Swift

---------------


Suddenly life seems so much shorter than it did a month ago.  I'm beginning to realize I've just ended a chapter in my life and a new door is opening in just 29 days.  And those days go by in the blink of an eye.

I suppose it's fitting I've spent most of my summer packing.  I'm leaving behind my childhood in Montville and journeying towards a lifetime in Illinois and wherever else my studies take me.  My family's packing with me, and maybe in about a year, our home will be in Illinois.

Even though I love the people here and I cherish the memories this house holds for me, I'm really rather glad I'm leaving the East Coast and moving somewhere brand new.  There are so many things here I desperately want to leave behind and forget ever happened.  Despite those dark moments, I love the way everything here has shaped me into who I am.  Mostly everything, anyway.

I'm living in a unit (it's not called a suite for some reason...possibly because the entire residence hall is units and has no single rooms) with 3 other Chinese girls.  None of us have roommates, but we're unit-mates, which works for me.  I kind of wish I was paired with other nationalities though; being around Asians isn't what I call 'expanding my horizons' and 'meeting new people' even if they are new people.  I've been around Chinese and Asians my entire life; I'd like a chance to meet different kinds of people.  Montville isn't very diverse, and this is my time.  But I'm glad for Evelyn and Ellie and Unknown because they seem like great girls and hopefully we'll become great friends.

I feel like I'm saying goodbye forever, but that's probably the case.  Some of you I'll never see again because circumstances won't allow it, and some of you I'll only see maximum 5 more times before years and years go by and we'll be strangers by the time we see each other again.  

So I hope I do better in the future and blog more often so you guys know what's going on in my life halfway across the country, and I make some time to sit down and read all your posts.  But even this is slightly one-sided, and for those of you I might not see anymore, this is my good-bye to you.

I love you, don't forget how wonderful and fabulous you are, believe in yourself, and don't worry too much =)  You'll do fabulously on everything, and I wish you the best of luck in all you do.

My posts have been sort of depressing as of late, haven't they.

2 comments:

  1. Hey. You're leaving August 12th right? I'm booking you and Sonya on August 10th (11th is for your family no?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha 11th is most likely going to just be frantic packing of all my dresses and stuff.

    But okay haha, I'll mark my calendar =)

    ReplyDelete