Monday, October 18, 2010

Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place

-"Come What May," Moulin Rouge
^^ awesome song.

So I just felt like wasting some time, or rather more time than I already have, so blogging it is.  I need some topics to talk about instead of blabbering on about my life.  Really. haha. My life is boring as shit.  Well shit might not be that boring, depends how you see it, but my life is boringgg. Wake up, school, study, sleep, wake up, school, study, sleep, over and over and over and overrr. Man I need some more spontaneity.

So stealing a little from Kev X's blog, homosexuality.  Really. Okay I get that the Bible says homosexuals are sinful! OMG they will go to hell and satan has corrupted them! Stay away from them! Sinners! all of them! 
Okay maybe not like that, but it condemns homosexuality basically.  And then people live exactly by only that section of the Bible and nothing else.  Really? You people are douches.  They may be "sinners," but aren't we all?  We lie, we cheat, we're tempted by material things, we don't believe in God, we don't believe in Jesus, we worship other idols, we don't honor our parents, we don't love each other as much as we love ourselves.  How does that make us any better than gays?  Just because we're "straight" and we are men who love women, or women who love men, that makes us somehow better?  Because God created us that way to be the same as Adam and Eve, Abraham and Rebekah, Mary and Joseph?  Because our type of relationships exist in the Bible and are revered and given obvious approval by God?  Honestly.  Get over yourselves, douchebags of the US and the world.  They're just as good as us, and we're just as imperfect as them.

And sending them to psychiatrists really won't do anything.  There is nothing wrong with them. As you might think.  Just because your son might like men doesn't make him a different person than he was for the last fifteen, twenty years of his life.  There's no need to say, "There is something WRONG WITH YOU. I DIDN'T BRING YOU UP LIKE THIS.  YOU NEED HELP."  Won't you regret it, not accepting your kids, when ten, twenty, thirty years from now, you have no one to check up on you, you have no one to take care of you, you have no one to call and say, "Hi mom! Hi dad!  Miss you guys, just wanted to call and say hi and check up on you guys!"  Or when you never get to meet your grandchildren and you can only hear about them through friends?  Or when your kid gets married finally and begins one of the happiest times of his or her life?  Think about that stuff.  Not that your kid has a "problem" or a "disease" or is just a sinner fallen into the hands of Satan and there is no way to save him!  God forbid you try to love him for who he is. And not who you think he should be. He is your child, your flesh and blood; don't you think you could love him a little more and, God forbid, support him throughout his homosexual life?! Oh maybe you'll say, "I'll never have biological grandkids! They'll never really be mine."  Fuck that. There are millions and millions of kids out there who have no parents!  Will it hurt for people who can't have their own children to adopt them, show them love, show them that people care?  Stop thinking about yourselves for once; think about all the people that depend on you, on your acceptance.  Fuck your reputation.  Who cares if people realize you're homosexual, or bisexual, or if your brother or sister is gay, or if your best friend is gay?  It's the shame that drives other people to hate on people with "abnormal" sexualities.  If no one was ashamed about their sexuality, couldn't the "straight" view be cut down?  Couldn't we have equality like our fucking Constitution says we do?
This world is filled with assholes.

I don't mean to insult homophobes. But think about this: if being a man and loving a woman was wrong, or being a woman and loving a man was wrong, wouldn't you want to be loved and know people still support you?  They're no different from us.  Its just a man instead of a woman, or a woman instead of a man, who stands by their sides. They're still human.  They're still capable of love.  They're still you and me.
Okay, maybe no one wants to see two guys slobbering all over each other. But no one wants to see a girl and a guy going at it either. It's the same thing.  So why does half the world make the distinction between the two sexual preferences?

9 comments:

  1. cuz girl on girl is mad hot.

    ...that doesnt answer much sry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a response to both you and Kevin's blogs.

    I just gotta say, I disagree with Kevin's idea that people are born neutral, and adapt through the way they're brought up. A lot of parents, like you mentioned, are upset when they find out their sons or daughters are gay, and claim they did everything "right." I think it's just the same thing that makes straight guys like girls and straight girls like guys, it's a natural thing. As Sonya mentioned in Kevin's blog, homosexuality is seen in nature as well.

    To answer your question at the end, prejudice is human nature. It is impossible to have a perfect world where everyone is accepting. Even in the hypothetical situation where everyone is the same race and everyone has the same sexual preferences, same talents, etc, people will find SOMETHING to freak about.
    In addition, I think some people are actually afraid that being around gay people will make them gay. Like gay cooties or something. Kevin's not the only one to say something like that that I've met. Guys don't want to be hit on by guys either. Personally, I'd take it as a compliment. If you think about it, it's almost the same thing as a girl hitting on you in a psychological sense. You must be doing SOMETHING right for said gay person to be hitting on you.
    Which brings me to another point (wow I could write my own blog on this), if a gay person talks to you, and is friendly towards you, that DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE HITTING ON YOU. 9 times out of 10 they are just being nice. It's the same thing with girls. Most girls are not hitting on you if they talk to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^oii how profound guys. im not big on the whole 'LET'S TALK ABOUT SRS STUFF' scene, but ill give it a whirl.

    gays are gays. whatever. dont give them much thought unless they're grabbing your ass. which i get a lot anyway (shut up lilly its true)

    but there are a couple things i dont agree with ed. what usually freaks guys out is that we literally cant understand what it would be LIKE to make out with another guy. the idea is so alien and foreign to us that naturally we shy away from it. gay cooties? thats just retarded.

    anddd what does that last part have to do with anything? lolll. its kind of just thrown in there. not like all guys are homophobic anyway. and what if they are? live you said, if leave the gays alone, then leave the homophobics alone. its all gooddd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. james, your ass is grabbed only by j.t. and you know it's true. haha. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ive caught you staring. its okay. my body is just too beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha. james, we're all staring at your ass. definitely. we're totally captivated by it.

    maybe i should shut up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I'll go with that too. But I have heard what I said from people I've met too. I think the two actually go together, in that we're afraid hanging out with gay people will make us gay because we don't understand it. That made slightly more sense in my head, but I'm sleepy, gimme a break.

    And that last part is just something I've heard, I guess it doesn't really contribute to the point I was making in retrospect. But I wanted to throw it out there xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. this butt of mine really is a curse. ah, i feel like i should cover up more. tmi. righto.

    haha kayyy. get some sleep then! dont wanna be an insomniac like meee

    ReplyDelete
  9. the gay rights discussion in gov that day was kind of interesting. but it's also a perfect example of people voicing biased information based on misinformation, which basically is stereotyping.

    there's not enough scientific evidence to prove what homosexuality is caused by. it's nature vs nuture, which means we will never have a clear answer. the better question isn't whether or not they made the choice themselves, but rather how to treat them now that they've come out.

    personally, i think that homos don't want to not be treated differently- i think they want to be treated the same. they want the rights afforded to everyone else, but they don't want to be afforded specific rights because of their preferences. thus i'm happy with the constitution as it is.

    ReplyDelete