You are making me new.
-------------------------------------------
So instead of sleeping like I should be, and studying for Econ like I should be, I'm here, updating you guys on my boring old life. Haha, no I'm just getting dizzy from reading all these formulas and numbers for econ.
So last weekend was Fall Retreat, and I have to say, it was pretty freakin awesome. The people in ILife are really nice and friendly and welcoming, and I already feel like I've made quite a few good friends, or potentially good friends.
The speaker, Tammy Smith, was great too. She was really engaging, and she got her message across clearly and neatly and it connected with us. I really feel like I've learned a lot from those 3 hours total we had with her (even if I did pass out for at least 30-60 minutes of those 3 hours...apparently 7/8 hours of sleep in a cabin isn't enough when you're sleeping on a hard mattress), and I'm starting to maybe understand God better. All in all, very transforming weekend, and I think I'm making progress on my journey with God.
And maybe it's Retreat Fever, like, after you first hear or learn something, you're so set on it and you're like, "YEA I'M GONNA DO THIS AND THAT AND LIFE WILL BE GREAT," but I really feel like I'm connecting a bit more with God and I feel Him with me a lot more and see Him working in my life. My stupid freakout Sunday night was dumb and really really irrational now that I look back, but God was there, and spoke through Josh and Chris, and then the next day through the people I needed to hear it from. And I'm glad I went to the Fall Retreat. I hope this feeling lasts and I can keep walking.
Yea. That's been my life.
Hahaha.
I've also been thinking about taking piano up again, recently. Maybe not hardcore with lessons and all, but for fun, so I can figure out modern piano music on my own, and play for church and whatnot. Because, yea, I love violin, but rehearsal is a lot of work, and I apparently don't even feel like practicing between rehearsals. Which I should really do.
And I feel like my mom's right; I can use piano later in life, just for fun, or to serve God. And violin....while I could serve God with that, I feel like I could serve him better with piano.
Yea, my thoughts have been pretty religious as of late. But there's a lot on my mind, and a lot of it I don't want to face.
On a totally different note,
ALL THE GOOD LOOKING GUYS ARE EITHER TOTAL PARTIERS AND NOT LOOKING FOR A SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP OR ARE TAKEN ALREADY.
At least that I know of. Haha.
I love Nutella. Yummmmm
I should get to the gym downstairs soon. Since swimming's not an option right now....pool's only open from 11am-1pm right now, and I usually have class....so I go Tuesdays and THursdays when I dont, but lately I haven't gone because there's just been a shitload of work, and tomorrow I need to go to office hours to figure out why I don't get this math thing. Yea.
I found out that out of all my subjects, I'm pretty much happiest when I'm doing math. So Actuarial Science was probably a right choice...but I'm going premed. So let's hope the rest of the premed req courses are enjoyable.
Premed??? Congrats on making a choice, and good luck with that! =O
ReplyDeleteNutellaaaa<3 is super unhealthy. organic peanut butter and pure dark chocolate are much better!
The funny thing about religion is that it always shows up when you need it to :) Don't hesitate to explain more about what has happened to you so that others can learn. What was the sermon about? And Josh and Chris?
No that I'm under no obligation to play for someone, I'm dying to play for everyone. Except I don't have my instruments anymore T_T Take advantage of the resources available to you because someday (ie when you first get out of college and get a job) you won't have any instruments available for you to play... MUSIC<3